Facebook comments can be used on Squeeze pages, sales pages, launch pages and membership pages in OptimizePress. They are a great way to engage your audience and get more feedback and social proof which can encourage other visitors to stay on your site longer or buy from you.
To setup Facebook Comments, you need to follow these steps:
1) Ensure you are using the latest version of OptimizePress. We changed some of the Facebook comments system in versions above 1.3, so ensure you are using the latest version
2) Now you need to go to the Facebook Developer page to setup your new APP which will be linked to your Facebook Comments system. First go to :
http://www.facebook.com/developers/ (you will be prompted to login if you are not logged in to Facebook - of course you will need a Facebook account for this)
3) Click the link in the top right that says "Set Up A New App"
4) On the next page, enter a name for your App. This can be anything, but we usually use the name of our website. Click on the "agree" radio button and click "Create Application" (you may now be prompted to enter a security captcha)
5) Once the App is created, go to "Website" on the left menu of the next page and enter your site URL/address in the Site URL field (enter the full address including http://) - click save
6) On the next page you should see the Application ID - you need to copy this number
7) Go back to your OptimizePress site, go to OptimizePress > General Settings, and find the Facebook App ID field and paste in the number you just copied from Facebook
8) You're done - that is your Facebook comments setup.
Occassionally Facebook comments do have intermittent issues which we cannot do anything about. Please also bear in mind we cannot help with the Facebook Application ID process - you will need to follow Facebook's own support if you have issues with this.